June 3, 2015 by Team City CoPilot
It’s practically summertime in the Lower East Side, and as your neighborhood front desk, here’s what you should NOT miss in our beloved ‘hood this June:
- Every Monday night at 10 PM: Arlene’s World Famous Live Rock and Roll Karaoke Band. Um, two words: LIVE KARAOKE. Bonus: it’s free and Mondays usually blow. Shout out the existential ennui until your voice is gone. What is there to say on Tuesdays, anyway?
- June 7: Egg Rolls, Egg Creams & Empanadas Festival at the Eldridge Street Synagogue Museum. Um, the name sells itself. We really don’t need to expound on this any more.
- June 14: DayLife. Get your life — your DayLIFE. This outdoor fest up and down Orchard Street offers the best in our ‘hood’s food, fashion, music, games and art. The theme is literally: “Let’s celebrate warm weather!!!” See you there. (We’ll be the ones holding up the line at the Insomnia Cookies booth.)
- June 22: Find your holiest flannel and throw out your shampoo: SOUL ASYLUM IS PLAYING AT THE BOWERY BALLROOM. We might have played “Runaway Train” over and over and over and over on our DiscMan as youths, because feelings.
- June 24: The Steve Nash Foundation Showdown at Sara Roosevelt Park. Ok, so it’s not a basketball game; it’s actually a soccer tournament between the NBA legend and other b-ball players versus Italy’s World Cup star, Alessandro Del Piero, and his hot-legged friends. The s***t talk will on point. (It’s also an excuse to brag that Copilot Maggie played b-ball in COLLEGE. COLLEGE, not high school.)
See you there, kweens!